the plan


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The plan

Still on the plane so I will keep going ☺

As I wrote before, bringing a medical team to Belle Anse has been our goal since we first created Sionfonds.
So it has been 4 years of planning. By planning, I mean first we start talking about it, then we set a date, then we asked for help from many, many great people who shared their knowledge and helped find resources and gathered funds, then we get postponed and then we try again and find new folks who want to go and more funding and then at the last minute people drop out or join in, we keep raising funds until the last moment and we are off.

This trip relies heavily on the expertise of many, many, people and groups who have gone on medical trips to Haiti, before Sionfonds. Everyone/group I have ever contacted working in Haiti has given freely of themselves their knowledge their connections and resources. So much of the work I do with Sionfonds continually shows me the best in human nature, I guess that is a big part what keeps me going ☺.
Tomorrow we will meet the rest of the crew at the airport and arrive in Port au Prince in the early afternoon. We will head right
to Belle Anse. It should be a 4 hourish drive.
We should meet with our Haitian medical team and the community leaders and plan the next day’s events.
All of Wednesday we will be busy, busy busy Doctors doctoring, education programs, assessment, oral surgery, water assessment. and more.
And then again the following day (Thursday) until the afternoon when we head back to Port au prince hopefully we will be able to post to the blog again then.
Friday we will be visiting Masson School, the one the Ashton Family foundation gave us a grant to build last year. It is my first time seeing it I can’t wait!!!!
Saturday we will visit Cabret, a village hit very hard in the hurricane season, to offer what help we can.
Sunday we will probably be visiting the orphanages

The rest of the week will be visiting our other school in Cavaillion and a site seeing buying trip to Jacmeal.

More about that as it develops.

That is it for now I am going to see if I can get some other folks to write here.

annie




Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb