Background: Britain's American colonies broke with the mother country in 1776 and were recognized as the new nation of the United States of America following the Treaty of Paris in 1783. During the 19th and 20th centuries, 37 new states were added to the original 13 as the nation expanded across the North American continent and acquired a number of overseas possessions. The two most traumatic experiences in the nation's history were the Civil War (1861-65) and the Great Depression of the 1930s. Buoyed by victories in World Wars I and II and the end of the Cold War in 1991, the US remains the world's most powerful nation state. The economy is marked by steady growth, low unemployment and inflation, and rapid advances in technology.
Photos from Yucaipa
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Yucaipa
Latest Blogs from Yucaipa
- July 7th 2012 Training Hike 6: Jenks Lake to Poopout Hill
by Words: 15 Photos: 5
- June 23rd 2012 Training Hike 5: Jenks Lake to Dollar Lake
by Words: 12 Photos: 10
- June 9th 2012 Training Hike 4: Vivian Creek
by Words: 10 Photos: 10
- February 26th 2008 OGCCC Pictures
by Words: 24 Photos: 10
- February 23rd 2008 Date Festival
by Words: 636 Photos: 8
- February 11th 2008 Picture book
by Words: 15 Photos: 8
- February 9th 2008 Spring is here!
by Words: 430 Photos: 8
- February 6th 2008 Snow Day!
by Words: 393 Photos: 7
- February 1st 2008 Oak Glen Christian Conference Center
by Words: 505 Photos: 4