Captain's log 34. starfire 8 - Taking it like a man.


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
April 18th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, Bri here, because Michy is busy making herself beautiful, and Alyce is tired because Michy and I made her galavant around most of Bergen in search of cultural enrichment. But anyway, back to last night. We clothed ourselves in our sexiest dresses, made our faces look delectable (but not necessarily edible) and the put on our fluourescent and somewhat crazy tightsleggings. Then we spent a considerable amount of time taking pictures of our ridiculous selves, starting with the tights. I'm sure they'll make an appearance here, so you'll all be able to feast your eyes on the awesome that the three of us make. Anyway, once we'd had our fill of giggling and playing silly buggers, we debated the temperature outside. We decided (unanimously, even though I should damn well KNOW better by now) that it couldn't possibly be cold enough outside to merit thick jackets. In hindsight, I think we were just filled with happy wonderings. Anyway, the result was the three of us venturing forth in search of entertainment minus jackets, which led to much shivering, and eventually rejoicing, when we found a likely looking place called The Tonga Bar.

We hiked (in a very lady-like fashion, of course) up the stairs to get to the bar, where we headed straight over to peruse the cocktail menu. We were greated (quite enthusiastically) by a gentleman barman who asked what he could get for three such beautiful ladies. I told Michele he said 'what do you want?', but noooo, my translations aren't good enough, and she revealed that we are, in fact tourists. Anyway, because I was born indecisive, I asked the barman what he recommended. He then promised to give us cocktails that would 'blow our socks off'. 'twas lucky we weren't wearing socks, otherwise I admit, that would have angered me. Anyway, after some small-talk, we were exposed as Australians, and he asked if he could take our picture for the bar website, so we acquiesced, and will, at some point end up on the website for the bar. He then played some 'Australian music' - Kevin Bloody Wilson, and kept glancing over in our direction to see if we noticed haha . A little later in the evening, he gifted us with some naughtily named shots, but we decided he was just on the wrong side of creepy, and exited without saying any farewells.
Ridiculous Photo 2Ridiculous Photo 2Ridiculous Photo 2

You know the expression "rofl" (rolling on floor laughing) - this is exactly that!

The walk back to the hotel was comparable to walking around in possible 5 degree and under temperatures, without proper warmth providing clothing. Oh yes.. that's right.... IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE THAT. We got back to the room, grabbed some jackets, and ventured out again to wander towards an unspecific goal. It was a pleasant stroll, and the cold was much more tolerable once we were clad in appropriate attire.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Ridiculous Photo 4Ridiculous Photo 4
Ridiculous Photo 4

Maddington Much?
Ridiculous Photo 6Ridiculous Photo 6
Ridiculous Photo 6

This had us rofl!
Ridiculous Photo 7Ridiculous Photo 7
Ridiculous Photo 7

"Bubblegum Factory!"
Ridiculous Photo 8Ridiculous Photo 8
Ridiculous Photo 8

Wow... Mirror
Atle...Atle...
Atle...

Slightly Creepy and Tattooed...
Neo-Gothic ChurchNeo-Gothic Church
Neo-Gothic Church

This was on our street... It was built in 1896..
Sleepy in the liftSleepy in the lift
Sleepy in the lift

At about mid-night. Lame, we know!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb