Out of the Flam


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Western Norway » Bergen
August 4th 2023
Published: August 4th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Woke up with low clouds on the hills around us in Flam. Very pretty. Had a very nice breakfast then off to our fjord tour.

Electric ferry, quite eerie as it takes off very quietly. The whole trip was amazingly quiet going in and out of the fjords and several stops along the way.

Amazing sights with every turn. Waterfalls became a bit ho hum but still had some good ones as well. Finally got to the end and clamored to the waiting buses for our next part of the tour to Voss.

Chris somehow snagged the front seat while I was putting one of the bags under the bus. Winner winner….

Up into the hills with a stop at a hotel where you could go inside/outside and take pics back down the valley we had just come from. Nice views.

Get to Voss very comfortably. Chris said she could have kept going to Bergen in the bus as it was so comfortable and the front seat was a bonus.

Not to be. Off for the last bit, train to Bergen. Had an hour so went to a close hotel for something to eat. Ordered sandwiches but failed to say we were on a time limit. After 20 minutes asked where the sandwiches were. Still 5 minutes away. Please make into take away. At least 10 minutes later they come out. Not happy.

Up to the platform and there is a Bergen train. Not ours so we wait. Eventually ours comes. Appears to be a commuter train stopping most stations. No problems, still pretty quick and there are lots of tunnels do the sights are restricted.

Sandwiches were also quite nice.

Arrive in Bergen, into a taxi who proceeds to nearly kill us as he leaves the station. Pulls out in front of another car in a very flash Mercedes. Think he gets the idea and slows down a bit.

Arrive at the hotel. Check in mentioning we should have 2 bags delivered. Bingo bango, bags appear as told they would. Got speaking to the guys on the desk. One appeared to be boss material who was really informative with ideas to eat, wash clothes etc.

Mention something about the room we had when we stayed here earlier. No, this time we have a much larger room with a couch/living room. True to their words, nice room looking out over a courtyard and private houses out the back of the hotel.

Sounds like we will have a quiet pizza to go tonight to catch up on lost sleep and busy restaurants on a Friday night. Local Italian place - Stefano has the goods. With our bottle of duty free red from Oslo airport we are fixed for a standard Friday night dinner.

Pizza was very nice, as was the Chianti. Even turned the Teeve on and guess what we watched. Basketball.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb