Background: The Kingdom of the Netherlands was formed in 1815. In 1830 Belgium seceded and formed a separate kingdom. The Netherlands remained neutral in World War I, but suffered invasion and occupation by Germany in World War II. A modern, industrialized nation, the Netherlands is also a large exporter of agricultural products. The country was a founding member of NATO and the EEC (now the EU), and participated in the introduction of the euro in 1999.
Photos from Volendam
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Volendam
Latest Blogs from Volendam
- October 7th 2010 Vincent does van Gogh and then cheese and windmills
by Words: 893 Photos: 16
- January 2nd 2009 Irenehoeve cheese farm and Volendam
by Words: 336 Photos: 20
- August 12th 2008 A day in Volendam and Marken
by Words: 350 Photos: 12
- March 17th 2008 Cheese, Clogs, Cannabis, Red Light District and the Flower centre of the world!
by Words: 961 Photos: 18
- July 4th 2007 The Netherlands, Holland or the Dutch?
by Words: 429 Photos: 3
- August 23rd 2006 The eels of Volendam
by Words: 208 Photos: 0
- August 18th 2006 Volendam
by Words: 60 Photos: 3
- September 23rd 2005 Three in one
by Words: 45 Photos: 3
- April 17th 2003 Countryside of Holland
by Words: 639 Photos: 15