Villeneuve Loubet, Cote D'Azur


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 3rd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We woke to another beautiful sunny day and headed off to our little beach after breakfast for a swim before leaving. The Tour de France rides thru Vileneuve Loubet about mid day and we saw the signs on our walk from the station yesterday so we know where we can wait. Our swim didn't last very long because I got stung by something in the water! It really hurt and I had to go back to the room and put some cream on it! (Picture attached) We had to leave the hotel by 11am so we headed off to find a spot on the roadside. There were people gathering around but nothing like yesterday so we got a piece of footpath and sat and waited for the riders to come thru. It only took about a minute once they came and they were all together as the race had just started. After they had passed we walked to the railway station and caught the train to Marseille. We arrived at the flash hotel just in time to see the end of the race on the TV. Our room has stairs, and a bedroom and bathroom upstairs! And we get a lovely view from a tiny balcony of the port! We had a wander around the port and I got my portrait don by an artist, it was a bit scary as there were heaps of people watching me. my knee is feeling a bit better now, mum brought some cream.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb