Marseille


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 6th 2013
Published: July 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in the south of France. And almost heading home! today we woke and had a yummy breakfast in the Hotels breakfast room, there was fresh fruit (strawberries and kiwi fruit) and crepes with chocolate sauce, as well as the normal eggs, bacon, cheese, breads and pastries. After breakfast we checked out of the hotel but left our bulging backpacks for collection later on. We walked along the harbour front past the daily fresh fish markets, there was even some live octopus! It was quite smelly and very hot. We found the little white train/bus and decided to take a sightseeing trip around Marseille. The little train took us around the other side of the harbour, along the coast and thru the narrow streets to the church on the hillside that we had seen from our hotel window.....called the Notre Dame! It was very pretty but bumpy in places. We finished back around where we started and wandered back towards the hotel, stopping for a cool drink and photos as we went. We ha another look at the craft stalls that we had seen yesterday, they were just setting up around 1pm then we headed back to pick our bags and catch the metro to the rail station so we could catch the Fast train back to Paris. The train trip was fast, only took 3 hours and before we knew it we were back in Paris, cloudy and a lot cooler than Marseille. We went to the Hotel and re packed our suitcases then headed off for tea. My leg is looking a lot better now that we have some antiseptic gel :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb