Nice, Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
July 3rd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We headed down to the beach after breakfast for a swim before the Tour De France started. We hopped in to the lovely blue water and swam for about an hour. There were heaps more people today and lots of tents and viewing boxes everywhere. At midday we went up to find a place to see the race. I got a spot in front, where the race was due to finish. We waited for nearly three hours, it was really hot. There were a few cyclists that were racing before the proper time trial started and there was a parade of the sponsors, the water one squirted water out of a big hose at the crowd. When the time trials started I tried to take photos of them passing but they were so fast it was really hard. We watched a few of the teams come in then went for another swim to cool off. It took us quite a while to get back to the hotel as lots of the streets were closed. When we got back we picked up our bags and walked to the railway station to catch a train to our next place, Villeneuve Loubet. Mum thinks we might have got on the wrong train because it didn't stop! We had to get off at the next stop then go back. Then the man at the information desk didn't know where our hotel was! We eventually found it and we have a lovely sea view and access to the beach. Me and mum went for an evening swim before bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb