Nice, Day 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
June 30th 2013
Published: June 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a long train ride from Paris to Nice. We were on the train for nearly 6 hours! We think it is about 1000km. But the time went quite quickly. We had a table so dad and I played cards. The countryside leaving Paris is full of large paddocks of green, brown and lavender, there is lots of hay, vineyards and lavender Fields. It is pretty. When we got to the coast you could see the blue sparkly water and lots of boats. It is hot and sunny. We arrived at Nice and managed to find our hotel, only about 10 mins walk from the station, then walked down towards the beach front. Most of the shops were open even though it is Sunday and there are lots of people around, all with bikinis and beach gear and all relaxed. There are electric trams that run down the centre of town to the beach and wide footpaths. It is not scary at all. Dad found a Tour de France van and got a tee shirt and as we arrived at the beach front we could see the starting point for the time trials which are on Tuesday. We had a look around the tents and watched the big screen for a while then walked down onto the beach, there is no sand, it is just smooth rocks, there were heaps of people and it is quite deep at the edge. We sat and watched and had a paddle in the sea then walked back to the hotel. We had KFC for tea tonight, it was yummy. Can you see who the rider is in photo 2!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



30th June 2013

Love the photo of you on the bike Samantha : ). You lucky things the water looks amazing and a lot warmer than it is here. Can't wait to see all your photos. Tell Mum the daphne bushes are in flower. Take care we miss you xxx
1st July 2013

Hello!
Lovely to hear from you, we are all ready for home (not the weather!) Nice is lovely and have spent most of the day at the beach, unfortunately we have all got sunburnt so I'm sure there will be complaining tonight. How is the house coming along? Looking forward to seeing you soon :-) Melissa xxx

Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb