Paris, Day 7


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 29th 2013
Published: June 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Paris! It rained last night and it i was quite wet this morning. We set off after breakfast to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur. We had to catch 2 metros and even though it is Saturday morning it is still really busy! We arrived and walked up the little cobblestone street, lined with little shops spilling on to the pavement. There were lots of people around and some strange men who were trying to sell something, that were grabbing at people. I didn't like it at all. We walked up to the top and took some photos, then had a look around the shops and cafes at the top. Mum wanted a picture of me from one of the street artists but they looked scary so we didn't. We wandered back down thru the streets and caught the metro back to our Hotel. On the way down we saw an amazing chocolate shop that had a Notre Dame and big sailing ship made from chocolate! we brought a small chocolate stick!After lunch (fresh baguettes) we went back to the Jardin des Plantes and the zoo. We spent a couple of hours looking at the animals. We saw a snow leopard that was walking up and down the glass, and a big monkey that looked really sad but poked his tounge out at a boy. We even saw some Keas all the way from NZ! It was hot and sunny this afternoon. Tonight we went out for tea and had steak and chips, it took a bit of pointing and lots of hand signals but we got there in the end and it was very nice. Off to Nice tomorrow. We saw some of the Tour de France on the TV tonight but couldn't understand what they were saying!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb