Paris, Day 6


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 28th 2013
Published: June 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we went on our final planned trip; to Monet's Garden by Bike! We had time to have breakfast before heading off to the St Lazare train station to meet our guide. (we had to catch 2 metro's and still managed to get their half an hour before time. The metro is easy to use, you just follow the line numbers to where you want to go. We met Kit our guide and caught the train to Vernon. There were 24 people in our group. It took 45 mins to get to Vernon. When we arrived we went into the village and brought supplies for a picnic. We brought baguettes, pear cider, filled rolls, and some yummy pastries, then we got our bikes (each bike had a name, mine was "blue man group" and mums was "boom"). We met a nice family from Australia, the grandad was celebrating his 80th birthday, and he was in France with his wife, daughter and granddaughter, her name was Katie and she was really nice. We set off past the beautiful Notre Dame church (different from the one we went to yesterday) and stopped for a picnic at a nice park along side the Seine. After lunch we started off again on our journey to Monet's Garden in Giverny. The weather was misty rain but not cold. It took us about half an hour to ride along the track where the old railway used to be. The little town of Giverny is beautiful, with cobblestone roads and lovely rambling roses and gardens full or bright poppies and flowers. We arrived at Monet's Garden and went to look at the water lily pond, there were lots of people but it was very peaceful and pretty, then we wandered into the flower garden where there were rows and rows of lovely flowers of all colours and amazing smelling roses. Then we went into Monet's house. We couldn't take photos inside the house but took one of the view from his bedroom window (the one with me in the corner). We had 2 hours at the garden then we met up with Kit again and biked back to Vernon and trained back to Paris. We travelled back on the metro with Katie and her family. We came back to the Hotel and got some rice for tea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.417s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb