Paris, Day 5


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 27th 2013
Published: June 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We were up and had breakfast by 9am this morning, the roads are all wet, looks like it has been raining last night. The homeless man is still on his doorstep. We set off on the metro to the Chatelet station and walked to the Sainte Chapelle where there are beautiful stained glass windows. We had to line up and go thru security before we went in and we had to be silent while inside. At the end there was a huge round stained glass window. The brochures told what each of the pictures meant, because it was actually a story. Next we walked to Notre Dame. We went inside the cathedral, there were more stained glass windows here and we had to be quiet again. Then we had to line up for the tower of Notre Dame, we had to wait for over an hour and a half. When we finally got to the front of the line we had to climb the 422 spiral stairs to the very top of the towers. The view was amazing, and made up for us not being able to go up the Eiffel Tower yesterday. We could only spend 5 mins at the top before we had to come back down. Then we walked thru the gardens at the back and went to see the bridge where all the locks are. We brought a lock and put SMR on it and I locked it to the bridge and threw the keys in the Seine. Then we walked along the river and brought some postcards from the green riverside stalls before returning to our Metro station and back to the Hotel. It was only 5 o'clock so we decided to have a walk around the streets in the area and down to the Jardin de Plantes. It was pretty. There is a zoo there that we might visit on Saturday. We stopped and brought some pastries on the way back before tea.

Mum is having trouble downloading anymore photos to the iPad so no photos until that's sorted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.316s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb