Bonjour from Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 21st 2007
Published: September 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour from Paris,

We have a double bed private!!!! Okay, so our hostel is in a shady part of town, and we had to trudge our luggage five flights of stairs to get to our room.... but we have our OWN room!!!!

Favorite moments in Paris:

Rounding the corner after getting off the Metro at Trocadero and ..... there she was..... the Eiffel Tower in all her splendid glory.
Watching the sunset from the top of the Eiffel Tower
Watching the Eiffel Tower sparkle at 9PM
Eating a nutella crepe, while basking in the sunlight.... that's right.... at the Eiffel Tower
Sitting in Notre Dame while the choir chanted a cappela
Copping a squat by the Seine while eating our sandwiches
Seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre ( she's really small)
Seeing David's painting of Napoleon's coronation at the Notre Dame, bringing our earlier visit to the cathedral full circle.
Hacking the french language while attemting to buy coffee, stamps, food..... a lot of sign language was involved.
An evening of luxury at Depanneur Lounge in Montmartre full of free drinks, amazing food and fabulous wooing frenchmen (whose advances were appreciated but politely deterred), and a view of the Moulin Roege....what more could two girls ask for?
Rather unexpectedly, veal!

Things that confounded us in Paris:

Toilets randomly jut in from the staircase leading up to our room. No sinks or faucets in the toilet, but there is a spout.... just no drain.... very confusing.
People videotaping/taking pictures of artwork in the Louvre/Notre Dame. How can you ever do justice to the paintings with photos? Just buy the post card.
Irish rugby fans in Paris partying from 11am to 5am (even though they lost) .. there drunken antics were confounding also..you had to be there.
TGV conductors mumbling about punching tickets and making scrunched up faces while inspecting our Eurail Pass while offering no explanation as to why our passes elicited such expressions.
Beauvais Airport ..... CANCELLING (not delaying) our flight to Madrid due to a little morning fog...that cleared up in a few hours.
Paying to use public restrooms

Despite all of the confounding things..Paris was a blast and 3 days that we will never forget =)

P.S. Nicola --- Parisians are peaches!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



24th September 2007

lovely ladies
i love this post. your time in paris just made me all warm and fuzzy, especially when you introduced the eiffel tower (and thereeeee she is!) i miss and love you both!! i promise i'll email soon - after i get all this hecticness back in the states..
24th September 2007

Hiiiiiii
Hi Maya!! We all miss you at the lab... things just aren't the same without you~ Everyone says hiiiii!!!!! Guess what today is?? Chicken parmesan day at the cafeteria =) hehe, but I'm sure that you're eating much better food where you are, so you won't miss it at all. Nevertheless I'll have an extra piece of chicken for you ; ) It seems that you guys are having an amazing time... so jealous! The pictures from Paris look beautiful =D Keep on enjoying your adventure!!!! We're living vicariously through you~
24th September 2007

Parisians
Maya, if you have gone yet I would suggest you to reach bars or places "dans la rive gauche de Paris", I'm pretty sure that the peaches will rapidly turn into potatoes! Nicola
24th September 2007

What style! What class!....
....but no hunchback, huh?
25th September 2007

YAY
I LOVE PIPAYA. YOUR PICS ARE AMAZING. PIPPA THAT ONE OF YOU AND NOTRE DAME IS A CLASSIC. LOVE, TORY (I WISH IT WERE VICTOPIPAYA.)

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb