Hola from Madrid!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
September 25th 2007
Published: September 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thank you all so much for your comments. We feel loved and encouraged to keep writing 😊 Pippa´s sister showed some disdain towards her via email after seeing the pictures from Paris..I guess while your slaving away on your PhD and your sister is sauntering around Europe it can be pretty annoying..unfortunately, our pictures from Madrid will do little to make Alix feel better. (sorry Al .. I love you!)

We got off on less than a promising start on our trek to Madrid after our flight was cancelled and we ended up having to take a train..which took 16 hours and unexpectedly used up 2 of our 10 Eurail passes. But once we finally walked into Los Amigos Hostel (24 hours after we were supposed to) all of our travel woes dissipated. WE LOVE OUR HOSTEL. Since it was so early we were not able to go into our room but the amazing man at the front desk, we named him Phil, offered us food and a hot shower. The only two things that really mattered at that moment. He is a peach. He then provided us with a map and the essential info we needed .. and off we went.

We had no idea what to expect of Madrid .. neither of us had any prior impressions and it had much to live up to after the arduous journey to get here and the amazing time we had in Paris. But alas, Madrid is amazing. Words and pictures can´t do justice to the sights, sounds and smells of Madrid. Neither of us have ever been anywhere like it. It doesn´t feel like a city. Its so relaxed and slow paced. Madrileños really have figured out the art of leisure. If ever you are walking about and you get a little tired from all the sunshine .. around the corner is sure to be a Plaza or gorgeous park to just lay in..or maybe sit at a table and sip on some sangria. We have seen a few museums and taken in some famous sights..but really Madrid isn´t about museums or monuments. Should you ever want to take a weeks vacation, we highly recommend Madrid. Its a place you truly can relax and take a break from the everyday regiments of life.

Back to the Hostel...not only are the accommodations lovely and clean and comfy ... the people are lovely too! We stayed up late last night drinking wine and sangria and discussing healthcare systems. (I know it doesn´t sound too exciting..but it got so heated and passionate that we actually had a little talking to by the hostel people and were told to break it up) It was the exact kind of night you hope to have when heading out on this kind of adventure. It was witty, lively, enlightening and above all just plain fun. Its amazing to meet such random people from all over the world and be able to sit in a room in the middle of Spain and find so much in common about your views and beliefs.

So, as you can tell, we are having a hell of a time. We´ll check in again from Italy.

Miss you all!

Pipaya




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th September 2007

I LOVE YOU GUYS
HI PIPAYA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I love your amazing pictures and journal entries. I CANT WAIT TIL YOU ARE BACK IN DECEMBER, but in the meantime have the time of your lives!! WE WILL TRAVEL WHEN I GRADUATE..>RIGHT?? love, YOUR PHANTOM THIRD TRAVELER

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb