tylonel pm + neck pillow + wine (for some of us) = excellent flight


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 16th 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

well, as you can see from the title of this blog. it was a good, easy, sleepfilled flight, which is key considering the ghetto fabulousness of the hostel we find ourselves in for our stay in London. We sit here rather fearful of what we will find upon the return to our 14 bed co-ed hostel ACCOMMODATIONS. yeah.

back to the flight. we sauntered onto the plane roughly on time and were made to walk past all the hoyty toyty people in first class and business class as they were being served champagne. we both took note of the much fancier conditions that existed up front. i.e. they get quilts when we get tiny blankets that cover barely any of you AND they have clearly delineated life perserving equipment. meanwhile, who the hell knows where our life perservers are? the video seems to indicate that we should detach our cushion and use it as a raft.... they want us to BUILD a raft while the plane is crashing? we surmised that this is an act of natural selection and we dont like it because its selecting against us.


but in all seriousness, we had an amazing first day to our trip.. the weather was beautiful (and the tube costs 4 pounds) so we walked everywhere we went. (well maya also wants me to say that i am a walking nazi and MADE her walk due to the calorie burning benefits)...HOWEVER, pippa would like to respond and say that maya has put us on a STRICT budget (a la the weight watchers point system) to keep us within a ridiculously small amount of money a day. i.e. quote from tonights dinner "if you want another glass of wine, you cant have dinner on tuesday".

okay thats all for now. hope you are all well. cheerio!

-- pipaya --

Advertisement



18th September 2007

THE LAST QUOTE MAKES ME MAD
cash it- cash it so you can have dinner AND glasses of wine. love you both though - glad you're having fun!!!
18th September 2007

okay..
not sure if these comments come up automatically, so i'm testing it. but i miss you both. love you!!
23rd September 2007

we love you too moo! come visit us and we will all drink wine together! =)
25th September 2007

What was I thinking!
Tylenol PM + wine ...that's what I should've done on our epic journey on Air India y'day...sigh! Was laughing when I read abt your experience on the plane to London because it was worse on Air India. The first class bathroom (with a changing table for babies) was right in front of me, but it had a big fat sign that said First Class passengers only and the cabin crew was almost militant about ensuring that the peons from economy stayed away. Of course, the only other bathroom with a changing table was all the way at the end of the plane and Eliza's accidents were rarely well-timed! Anyway, we are so excited to be back home, enjoying early fall weather, frizz-free hair and broadband internet access. Enjoying your blog very much and look forward to more alluring stories and incisive observations. Happy (and safe) adventures to the two intrepid explorers!

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb