Jerry and Rita
Ahh...life does not always follow the plan. We are a happily married couple for 21 years. We had many plans for retirement. But alas, many health issues have crept into Jerry's life. Thanks to Rita's great company with very supportive colleagues, her request for a six month personal leave of absence was granted. We are now retired, albeit 'only' for six months. We will need to continue to deal with Jerry's health issues as we proceed - a new one just added the last two months - but with doctors' blessings for now, we are embarking to fulfill as much of "Jerry's Bucket List"
as we can in six months. The list includes:
* Visiting kids/grandkids in Michigan at least twice
* Northwest - Glacier National Park, Waterton International Peace Park, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Kamloops, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore
* Southwest - Old route 66, Jerome Arizona, Sedona, and maybe see some friends in Colorado
* Florida - A visit to an old favorite - Disney World - and fulfill a long-time promise to visit fellow retired firefighters
* Aruba - rekindle the memories of our honeymoon 21 years ago
* Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - our annual two week condo vacation
* Home time sprinkled throughout - catch-up with cherished family and friends we will miss while traveling, get some things done around the house, and of course, stay in cahoots with Jerry's doctors
This is not a list ground in stone. Jerry reserves the right to substitute, change the order, and add or delete to the list at any time. As for Rita, she shares in Jerry's bucket list and adds only two - enjoy the journey, with both of us creating memories galore, and lose weight
- maybe even quit smoking! All we know for sure, is that we will cherish this very special time. Our site is intended to simply keep caring family and friends in tune with our nomadic adventures. We love you all and sincerely appreciate all of the support!! Be sure to stay in touch via the private message or public comments buttons. Give us feedback on our postings or just say hello - we'll be happy to hear from you when we are 'on-the-road.'