Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Khao Lak
Blogs from Khao Lak
Latest Blogs from Khao Lak
- February 6th 2013 Winding down in Khao Lak, Thailand
by Words: 511 Photos: 9
- October 17th 2012 Velcome to Khao Lak
by Words: 495 Photos: 7
- May 10th 2012 Same, Same, But Different
by Words: 1816 Photos: 15
- May 8th 2012 Dive Liveaboard Similan
by Words: 197 Photos: 15
- May 5th 2012 Ladyboys, Turtles, Cheeky Monkeys and a near death experience....
by Words: 3245 Photos: 44
- March 25th 2012 Day 6 - Adventure Day!
by Words: 581 Photos: 16
- March 5th 2012 Survived the dive live aboard!
by Words: 194 Photos: 0
- February 20th 2012 We Found Paradise, It's Called The Surin Islands!
by Words: 1013 Photos: 17
- November 4th 2011 Beach bums
by Words: 1454 Photos: 0
- July 1st 2011 YOU WANT MASSAAAAAAAAGE?!
by Words: 1460 Photos: 14
- June 7th 2011 A new visa and deserted beaches in Khao Lak
by Words: 937 Photos: 13
- April 23rd 2011 Hong Kong and / und Khao Lak
by Words: 1318 Photos: 9
- April 18th 2011 Beautiful days & long nights in Surin NP
by Words: 2217 Photos: 44
- March 27th 2011 Ride #10: khuribauri to Khao Lak
by Words: 698 Photos: 0
- March 1st 2011 Daily Business:-) in Khao Lak
by Words: 17 Photos: 5
- January 12th 2011 last day in Khao Lak
by Words: 462 Photos: 0
- January 10th 2011 last few days in Khao Lak
by Words: 1168 Photos: 8
- January 8th 2011 Auf und davon
by Words: 579 Photos: 9
- January 6th 2011 Don't have a Khao
by Words: 1879 Photos: 54
- January 2nd 2011 First couple of days in Khao Lak
by Words: 1387 Photos: 8