Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Nonthaburi
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Nonthaburi
Latest Blogs from Nonthaburi
- March 25th 2011 Beauty and the Beast 11-27-10
by Words: 281 Photos: 40
- January 1st 2011 Nonthaburi (Day 2)
by Words: 296 Photos: 6
- December 29th 2010 Christmas Festival Day 12-24-2010
by Words: 410 Photos: 38
- September 22nd 2008 The Kanchanaburi trip!
by Words: 543 Photos: 38
- September 17th 2008 What's happened so far...
by Words: 274 Photos: 28
- September 5th 2008 Normal rules do not apply.
by Words: 2615 Photos: 9
- March 4th 2008 One night in Bangkok
by Words: 482 Photos: 0
- February 22nd 2008 Going to Kansas City...
by Words: 416 Photos: 3
- February 8th 2008 Thai Hot
by Words: 1015 Photos: 6
- May 5th 2006 Floating Markets
by Words: 191 Photos: 8