Background: During the late 18th and 19th centuries, Great Britain established colonies and protectorates in the area of current Malaysia; these were occupied by Japan from 1942 to 1945. In 1948, the British-ruled territories on the Malay Peninsula formed the Federation of Malaya, which became independent in 1957. Malaysia was formed in 1963 when the former British colonies of Singapore and the East Malaysian states of Sabah and Sarawak on the northern coast of Borneo joined the Federation. The first several years of the country's history were marred by Indonesian efforts to control Malaysia, Philippine claims to Sabah, and Singapore's secession from the Federation in 1965.
Blogs from Batu Caves
Latest Blogs from Batu Caves
- June 4th 2012 Thaipusam - The Victorious Journey
by Words: 457 Photos: 27
- February 24th 2012 Batu Caves
by Words: 526 Photos: 11
- August 1st 2010 A Taste of India
by Words: 61 Photos: 41
- December 30th 2008 Holy Rubber Leggy In The Batcave!!!
by Words: 362 Photos: 1
- November 25th 2008 Kuala Lumpur dias 2 y 3
by Words: 611 Photos: 14
- November 5th 2008 Batu Caves
by Words: 681 Photos: 0
- April 24th 2008 Semester-break holiday: Malaysia and Singapore
by Words: 629 Photos: 122
- March 11th 2008 Northward Bound
by Words: 776 Photos: 14
- March 6th 2008 Last day in KL
by Words: 419 Photos: 23
- January 28th 2008 8% Indian population in malaysia
by Words: 196 Photos: 0
- January 28th 2008 "Batu Cave Batu Cave Batu Cave!"
by Words: 1481 Photos: 4
- November 5th 2007 batu caves and danish lager
by Words: 308 Photos: 0
- September 11th 2007 Just drop by!
by Words: 27 Photos: 7
- July 4th 2007 The Interesting Batu Caves!
by Words: 126 Photos: 2
- March 24th 2007 Von Phuket nach Kuala Lumpur
by Words: 204 Photos: 10
- March 14th 2007 Tour
by Words: 80 Photos: 0