Lima, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
October 20th 2006
Published: October 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Lima on Wednesday or should I say mini USA due to our street being consumed by American fast food joints. Haven´t seen much of the centre of the city but its an interesting place to say the least! Pollution is a big problem. I feel like I am covered in a thick layer of muck after I have been out walking and as for the driving of these pollution mobiles.....it is crazy! They don't seem to want pedestrians to live very long here so you have to run the gauntlet everytime you cross the street!

While in our beds this morning I was very annoyed to be awoken by someone dragging there luggage through the hotel only to find that the shaking and noise was due to an EARTHQUAKE! Don't worry we have read the chapter on earthquakes and ran for cover under the doorframe! Very exciting, I can handle the little ones!

We leave for our tour in half an hour, flying to Cuzco! A big difference from Lima...thankfully! No Mcdonalds there, just the speciality of Guinea Pigs.....perhaps they taste the same though! The high altitude, we have been warned, can hit you pretty hard so we are topping up breakfast with some Coco Tea(?) which is suppose to work wonders! Don't meet up with the majority of our group until Sunday when we go to Machu Picchu. Have to say it is nice to have someone organise everything for us! We are both really looking forward to the next week!

Hope everyone is well, we put new photos on if you weren't sent a reminder!

Love
Frankie and Neil

Advertisement



21st October 2006

smile
The photos are absolutely magic but your auntie esther neil says smile. Have taken copies to show your gran and pops. They have been asking how you are doing. I have been keeping them up to date with your travels. Lots of love mexxxx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb