Machu Piccho, Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Machu Picchu
October 22nd 2006
Published: October 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So the journey from Cusco to Machu Picchu took a long four hours so to make it more exciting for us they got a car to crash into our train!!! A little bit scary but thankfully everyone was okay.....minus the car.

On our arrival the heavens decided to open and rained for the majority of our afternoon as we looked through the market. But an early morning lead to an early night and we were in ou beds promptly at 6.30pm.

We arose at 5am and made the bus jounrney up to Machu Piccho, the lost city of the Inkas! And what a breathtaking site it was.....I know our tour guide tried to tell us some interesting facts but all I could do was gaze in amazement at the ruins for the first ten minutes. Machu Piccho is an incrediable place, larger then I thought but just as magical. We ventured around the different sites, with the famous Machu Piccho mountain behind. After a two hour tour we had some free time so decided to be adventurous and do a 1 and a half hour round trek up a mountain to the Sun Dial. We hopped and skipped down however going up was a different matter. Not only was it a steep climb with a rather deadly drop to the side but altitude can have a considerable effect on your breathing. But we made it , feeling very proud of ourselves! I definately earned my ice cream today!

We depart back on the train this afternoon to Cusco for a free day tomorrow. There is the option to go horse riding which we are considering.....I think secretly Neil wants to play cowboy and indians in the Peru outback!

Frankie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009.9kb