Buenos Aires, Argentina


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
October 15th 2006
Published: October 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Love it, love it, love it!

Buenos Aires is treating us well. We are staying in a wonderful bed and breakfast out on town in a district called Palmero. Palmero is renowned for its great restaurants and due to the exchange rate we have been dining like kings. A good glass of wine is setting us back 45p and thus could be the reason Buenos Aires is treating us so well!!!

As it is the weekend here, there are numerous markets around the city. So we have spent most days so far walking around and buying some great items. But again as the price is so reasonable we tend to indulge abit...I think last count we were on five salt and pepper shakers! Don´t ask!

Buenos Aires as a city is truely beautiful. The buildings are an amazing backdrop to the numerous winding streets and sculptures. It is also a city of entertainers with many people filling the streets to preform. A subway ride into the city has yet to be quite from people singing, playing guitars and juggling for each morning.

Furthermore the people of Argentina seem to be very passionate with everyone being welcomed by a kiss, male and female. I did try to warn Neil of this but as our hosts son went in to kiss Neil´s cheek a very strange embarrassed noise came out of his mouth. I don´t think he was quite prepared. Very amusing though!

So we are having a wonderful time and enjoying the hospitality of the Argentinians!

Frankie

Advertisement



18th October 2006

Here I come
Well folks 45p for wine. Beem me up Scotty sounds like paradise. Hope you had a great birthday Neil. Are you able to send anymore photos the ones of New York and Alaska were braw. Glad you are still havign a magic time. Lots of Love Esther and family xxx

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb