Lima


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Lima
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Lima on Thursday the 10th of July ready to apply for our Indian visas. This was our second attempt as we had already tried once in London only to be told that we were too early. Unfortunately, yet again we were unsuccessful as we were told that it would take over a week, and we were not planning to stay in the capital for that long. We therefore did some research and came to the conclusion that it would be best to wait till we get to Singapore and apply there.

We stayed in Miraflores which is a modern part of Lima. We walked around the shops and went to the historical centre where we bumped into a guy we had apparently met in Trujillo. We had dinner together and hung out in the bar where his friend worked.

On the 12th El Niño joined us from London. Monia and el Niño wanted to go paragliding but unfortunately there was no wind...

Generally we liked Lima despite the pollution and the lack of wind.

On Monday the 14th it was time to move on to Ica and Huacachina.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

LimaLima
Lima

The Peruvians started celebrating the Independence Day on the 12th although it´s actually on the 28th. They seem to be ready to party for the entire month.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb