not everyone likes sao paolo, but i love it!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
December 14th 2006
Published: February 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

13th december - 17th December

and again
12th January - 16th January



Sao Paolo...this is a city within a city!
almost 20million people now live within greater Sao Paolo. and most people you speak to dont even come from Sao Paolo. and although most people you speak to say that they disliked Sao Paolo, people who live there cant imagine living anywhere else! and i think im one of the lucky travelers that can say that he loved Sao Paolo.


thanks to my very great friends Juliana and Amanda, i experienced a unique side of Sao Paolo. i had initially met the girls in the north of Brazil, and invited me to join them in Sao Paolo.


My first visit was brief and i stayed in the Praca Do Avore hostel, located in the middle of suburbia! but luckily Sao paolo´s metro system means that you are close to everything by metro.


i met some crazy guys in the hostel. Obere (US), Sheriff (Canada), Steve (mexico). and this was also where i had planned to meet my friend Elliot from canada. this was to be the 3rd time we meet on travels...i cant get rid of this guy!!! hahaha...definitely one of the best travel buddies. you just have learn to block out the constant flow of words coming out of his mouth!!! never short of a conversation, we always have a great time!


so partyin with the boys, we headed out to experience the nightlife of Sao Paolo- said to be some of the best in South America. a bit on the disappointed side. though we still had some great experiences when we headed out to an RnB bar that a girl took us to that Obere picked up in the flight over!!! nice work mate!



on the other nights i caught up with Juliana and Amanda. definitely the highlight of Sao Paolo. i met their friends. we went out to dinner, drinks, hanging out. they took me to the strangest bar- a karaoke bar that serves sushi. the owner looked like he went to the garbage tips, found the oddest pieces and decked the bar with it! strange night!



Last minute decision, 5 of us boyz go to the bus station and luckily get the final seats of the final bus going to Florionapolis!



After Florionoplis, montovideo, BA, Colonia, Punta del este and iguazu falls....i head back to Sao Paolo.......






THE SECOND VISIT

so i rock up on friday afternoon to sao paolo. call up amanda and ask if i can crash at their place at next to no notice! the amazing girls they are- they say yes. further, they were to be leaving the city to visit some family in the suburbs for the weekend. so they give me the keys to their penthouse appartment, and tell me to feel at home for the weekend.
absolute trust. i love these girls! Juliana and Amanda- if you are ever in Sydney, my home is your home!!!


it was great to have a place of my own. not sleeping in a dorm bed with someone above you,
occasionally snoring. having to keep your things all secure in a locker. having to wake up at 10m after a big night, just so that you can make the free breakfast! the joys of hostel life.


so for a weekend, i just chilled. caught up with me. listened to the great music collection these girls had! went market shopping, bought amazing music and DVDs. and of course partied my ass off on the weekend. strange when you go to a club on your own, you alwys meet more people. partied my ass in a club with people who were friends with the owner and gave me VIP tags to the exclusive section. awesome trance music dancing to the wee hours of the morning and seeing party goers´faces after a night of dance revelry...


The girls came back to an appartment that was still in one piece! you always get nervous in someone´s apprtment. you always check twice that the stove is switched off! had alot of great laughs with the girls and although we didnt manage to go to that lebanese or thai restaurant, no doubt our paths will cross again!


then on a bus north to rio to start getting closer to carnival in Salvador.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

hanging out with the amazing amanda and Julianahanging out with the amazing amanda and Juliana
hanging out with the amazing amanda and Juliana

whomi had met north of brazil in Jericocoara and revisited in sao paolo!
taken out by Juliana and Amanda to the strangest bar!!taken out by Juliana and Amanda to the strangest bar!!
taken out by Juliana and Amanda to the strangest bar!!

the bar was cool. decorated by someone who had just visited the trashbins, and found every unusual object to put in the bar! very cool! unique!
park loverspark lovers
park lovers

all sorts of activites in the park, from cycling to basketball, to feeding the duckies


Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 138; dbt: 0.1615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb