We´re not alone


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 28th 2006
Published: March 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Aaaahhhh.......... dunno whether we´re getting paranoid or wat? But we met with a little incident again today. We were walking along the familiar way to the subway station when a shabby looking black woman suddenly pounce onto OSM, trying to beg for money we guess. But in tt split second and us being very sensitive oredi, she hit her hand that was holding on to a bottle of vodka and the vodka was splashed all over her. Not knowing what to do, we screamed and ran, our faces turned white and limbs turned jelly. In fact, now that we think back, hmmm... dunno who scared who? Maybe all she wanted was only to beg... but too bad, she met with these paranoid asians who not only didn´t give her any money, but in turn broke her bottle of vodka. Haha... obi good for her.

Wanted to explore the Centro area, the business district of Rio with churches, museums and all. But when we got out of the subway station, all we saw were empty streets with hostile looking homeless locals lying along streets. We walked for a while and the more we walked, the more scared we got. And the next thing, we realised that the churches were closed for whatever reason!! Argh... so we decided to dash back to the subway and get back to the hotel, the only safe haven we have here....

Went to the tourist police office to report lost for my sunglasses, hoping to get some report so as to claim insurance. When we entered, there were so many people in there. Within tt short one hr wait, we learnt abt 3 cases of lost camera, 2 cases of stolen bag, one woman was pinned down by 4 teenage boys and lost all her valuables and one man was drugged! OMG OMG!!!!!!! So we´re not alone!

Let me get out of Rio quick!



Advertisement



1st March 2006

So KELIAN, poor gals!sorry i was laughing when i read ur entry, but i wld do the same if i were in ur shoes...heng everyone was trained in marathon, can run long and fast when the need arises....

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 79; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb