Day 49: Heading to Rio


Advertisement
Published: June 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we got a bit of a leep in which was good cos of our late night/early morning excusrion last night! Got up, had breakie and then all had to have a massive clean up of the truck! That took almost 2 hours and then we headed off on our last bus drive as a tour to Rio baby!! It took us 4 hours and drove through the favella, which was incredibly dirty and sad, then arrived at our hostel 2 blocks from Copacobana beach! By the wegot everything sorted it was about 3pm and the sun goes down really early over here so we had maybe 30mins on the beach before it did and started getting cold. I found a strawberry tart which was amazing!!!! And reminded me of mine and mum's amazing holidays together!

We had our last group dinner tonight with everyone at the hostel's mexican restaurant. Mine was really good but El's was apparantley not good at all! We kind of expected Mala to give us a bit of a talk and a goodbye kind of thing but she didnt say a word (we think she'd already read our feedback forms!) So we all headed off and had a few drinks and sat on the beach together waiting for our countdown to Dan's 25th birthday! I got a big coconut full of juice and then they filled it for me with a kiwifruit and vodka cocktail with real mashed up kiwis afterwards! It was wesome!! So at midnight we counted down dan's bday, did a bit of a group dance around him and then stalled him for a while before heading bck for him to find our massive banner from last night draped across our bunk beds at the hostel! It was priceless!

We then headed downstairs and listened a bit to a jazz band and then headed to bed our last sleep all bunking together in Rio!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb