Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Copacabana
Blogs from Copacabana
Latest Blogs from Copacabana
- May 5th 2013 Chile, Argentina Part II, Uruguay, Argentina Part III & Brazil
by Words: 3881 Photos: 83
- March 5th 2013 Brazil - The first leg. Rio de Janerio (Carnaval)
by Words: 664 Photos: 19
- February 17th 2013 Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro
by Words: 833 Photos: 20
- February 17th 2013 Rio Carnival 2013
by Words: 315 Photos: 37
- February 14th 2013 CARNIVAL!!!!!
by Words: 549 Photos: 14
- February 10th 2013 Carnaval!
by Words: 3570 Photos: 25
- February 3rd 2013 Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo
by Words: 327 Photos: 47
- November 24th 2012 South America Travels!
by Words: 47 Photos: 0
- November 9th 2012 Mexico, Rio de Janeiro and Peru
by Words: 1468 Photos: 25
- November 1st 2012 Rio - Lagoa and farewell Gav
by Words: 565 Photos: 6
- October 30th 2012 Rio - Corcovado, Christ, and Caipirinhas
by Words: 824 Photos: 7
- October 29th 2012 Rio - Thongs and Brazilian ninjas
by Words: 709 Photos: 3
- September 8th 2012 Rio und Iguazú
by Words: 1296 Photos: 47
- September 6th 2012 Rio de Janerio
by Words: 532 Photos: 5
- August 22nd 2012 Slumming It in Rio....Literally.
by Words: 1117 Photos: 5
- July 8th 2012 Last Stop Rio!!!!!!
by Words: 1443 Photos: 8
- June 12th 2012 Rio - Part 1
by Words: 516 Photos: 0
- June 12th 2012 Oi from Rio de Janeiro
by Words: 1206 Photos: 27
- April 18th 2012 Copacabana Footy, Rio Zoo
by Words: 269 Photos: 19
- April 13th 2012 Rio de Janeiro
by Words: 561 Photos: 9