Feelin' HOT HOT HOT!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
November 15th 2009
Published: November 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Rio de Janeiro is HOT!!

We arrived yesterday at around noon hour and started our visit off with a guided tour of the city. The only comment I will make on the blog is that it was interesting ... the rest will have to wait until we get home. We were scheduled to visit 4 main tourist attractions with the tour ~we did visit Christ at Corcocovada, but that is all. The tour included a stop to Sugar Loaf but since we didn't make it there we are planning on visiting it today and going to the top on the gondola with another couple from England who are also on their honeymoon (they have been with us for the entire tour.)

Today is the official last day of this tour and we have spent it walking around Copacabana beach. I cannot remember the last time we sweated so much! It is 32 degrees BEFORE the humidity 😊

So far this trip has been pretty expenive and we have not bought any souvenirs, but today i did find a really nice (and cheap)necklace to commemorate our trip to Rio and it truly is unique!! We went with Alan and Amanda (the other honeymooners) to this outdoor hippie market where there were hundreds of vendors selling their handcrafts. There was a lot that we liked, but we decided to wait and buy some stuff from Buzios. We leave for Buzios tomorrow and will be there until Friday until it is time to come home.

The 4 of us will meet up with our amazing GAP guide named Lucio ~ he deserves to be taken out for dinner.

Rudi has just bought us some fresh mango juice so I will sign off for now. I cant believe that it has been one whole week already!!!!!!!

Advertisement



15th November 2009

LOTS OF STORIES!!!!
I hope all is going well. Of course, my mother mind is working overtime trying to figure out why you didn't see all four planned touriest sites--hopefully you are safe and had no unpleasant experiences. I was even hoping before you left that you didn't wear that flashy jewellry. Keep the postings coming if you can. I hope you capture the memories with the camera--enjoy the sweating because after you return it will be shivering for the next few months!!! Toodles. Luv Mother Plain.

Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb