Fun in the Brazilian Sun!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
November 13th 2009
Published: November 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So today we had the opportunity to go on a boat tour of the islands around Paraty. Our day started early (we left the hotel at 9.15) but it was a great idea, as we had plenty of time to tour around the various islands and beaches of this lovely tourist town.

Amy finally got the chance to see the turquoise water she always wants to see and we had fun feeding the wildlife as well (monkeys, iguanas, fish and possums).

Brazil´s been very fun thus far and today´s beach day was no exception. Plenty of time to relax, swim and just enjoy the tropical weather. Neither Amy nor I got sunburned and her feet are doing much better today, so everything should be back to normal soon.

We´re off to Rio in the morning and doing what should be a great city tour (Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, the football stadium and a famous church). It´s an early start, but it´ll be great!

The food here has also been great, although quite expensive... it´s like eating out at a restaurant every meal every day at home (easy $30 - $40 per meal for the two of us), so we´re burning through cash just eating. We´ve got another two days in Rio, after which we´ll likely just slow down and take it easy in Buzios.

Advertisement



14th November 2009

The feet
So you will have to fill me in on the "feet" story. I must have missed something other than Amy forgot socks and the feet got very wet from the rain?? Are they all swollen, bitten--I am thinking about those huge feet when you got off the bus trip back from Florida in high school??? Of course, Rudi is massaging those feet every opportunity--right?? LOL Watching your weather and oh my goodness it is hot. We are enjoying a warm spell here. Hope all the photos capture everything you need to remember. Can you believe it has almost been a week?? Toodles. Luv Mom.

Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0905s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb