Angra


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Who were we to turn down an invitation to join the Geyer family at their beach house in Angra?....it just wouldn't be right. Angra is two hours south of Rio and boasts 365 islands and 2000 beaches so finding a nice white sand beach for yourself isn't terribly difficult if you boat around the endless coves. A special thanks to the Geyer family and staff that made this visit so unforgettable. The days were full of sight seeing the surrounding beaches of which "Dentist Island" I will forever day dream of with it's perfectly round coral white grains of sand that you could roll in your fingers like fine caviar...i was caught staring at it too many times.

Paradise was realized here with perfect weather, crystal clear blue water, floating restaurants delivering boatside fresh seafood and washing it down with fresh passion fruit-vodkas...who knew of that little heaven in a glass?

Again a very heartfelt thanks to Joanita, Santuzza and family for the 5 star hospitality!!!

Paraty-it was recommended by everyone to visit this little historic colonial town nearby and it held a great charm with most buildings standing just as they have for 300 years. The square is centered by a beautiful church overlooking the harbor of converted sailing vessels eager to ferry folks to and from the neighboring beaches. At night, we strolled dangerously uneven cobblestone streets in our flip-flops to the town square where we enjoyed people watching and tapped our feet to the music that accompanied some Capoeira..the Brazilian fighting dance. The next day we trekked into the hills to take in the waterfalls and jungle that we happily enjoyed by ourselves... a rare treat from what we heard later. Our two night stay was too short but we had to be moving on to Isla Grande.

Isla Grande- This island sits just an hour and a half by boat off the coast and caters primarely to backpackers from around the world who come to enjoy beaches, jungles and affordable lodging in one of the 132 pousadas that offer the bed and breakfast atmosphere. We set off into the jungle the 2nd day for what we thought would be an hour long jaunt. It turned out to be 5 miles of some pretty tough terrain armed only with flip-flops...it was 2 hours before we found water. It would have been funny if rescue teams eventually found us with a first aid kit, flashlight but no water. The hike turned out to be well worth it when we reached the waves and long beach of lopes mendes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 74, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



18th May 2007

blessed
I am so excited to be your first comment!! You two needed a place to just rest and relax. What a beautiful place. You two look incredible. Know that we all envy you. Luvs, Holly
18th May 2007

Damn Hippie
Someone send shane a copy of Forbes Magazine quick, he has his hair in a pony tail....we are losing him! Who won the chess match..Tuzza or Shane? How many games am I up on you buddy? K
18th May 2007

Wow
I don't know what to say...you two have experienced the best of the best. I get really home sick looking at these. I must get back to work. Beijos
18th May 2007

Cheer Up
Hi guys, you both look terrible, overworked and tired. Please try to cheer up, relax and have some fun...I'm begging you!!
18th May 2007

Great pics!
Wow, that place looks and sounds beautiful. I am glad you guys are living it up, while I toil away in corporate obscurity. Have fun, and get a dang haircut, hippie! :) Love ya both, Josh
18th May 2007

Yay
D R E A M -McKnight
20th May 2007

on my way
stay there and i'll meet you in july! have fun with your mom and dave this coming week.
20th May 2007

Pictures
You have got to stop putting so many pictures grandpa makes me print all of them out. Looks like fun were all so jealous. Love, Family

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb