Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

As you may notice the chronological order of our blogs are tough to follow and that is because while in brazil, rio was our safe haven to take week long road trips from. Again, the Geyer family took great care of us at their home on the very mountain corcovado stands. Surrounded by lush jungle on the hillside, we were spoiled with a wonderful breakfast every morning complete with the strong brazilian coffee i came to love...well, it was more of an addiction. We birdwatched and fed monkeys off the balcony with the help of our favorite super dog..miguelito!!..a brief rub on the bum earns you his companionship for the day. The surrounding beaches held the scenery everyone has associated with this city, the brown bodies, the barely visible bikinis and perfect waters. It's easy to see why this large city has retained it's tiny beach town feel while moving on beach time....a.k.a nice and slow. Folks that chase the corporate world move to Sao Paolo...Rio is reserved for those wanting less concrete and more natural beauty. Several nights we bbq'd in the back yard around the pool and enjoyed the cooler evening air and sounds of the jungle.

Thank you Tuzzapalooza, Alberto, Joanita, Karina, friends and staff...and Miguelito...we shall return!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



18th June 2007

Beautiful place!
Hey, guys! Looks like an amazing place! One day, I will visit there. Happy belated Bday, Shane! keep the blogs comin'! I love reading about your journeys! xoxo, SuperSarah
18th June 2007

Happy Birthday Shane
Miss you guys. Your tans look great!
21st June 2007

Belated Happy B'Day Shane...

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb