Background: Following independence from Spain in 1816, Argentina experienced periods of internal political conflict between conservatives and liberals and between civilian and military factions. After World War II, a long period of Peronist authoritarian rule and interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983, and numerous elections since then have underscored Argentina's progress in democratic consolidation.
Photos from Carlos Pellegrini
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Carlos Pellegrini
Latest Blogs from Carlos Pellegrini
- June 22nd 2007 Capybara galore
by Words: 492 Photos: 4
- February 18th 2007 The argentinian wetlands, big rodents, birds, caymans, and a lamb that was late for it´s appointment with a BBQ.
by Words: 927 Photos: 5
- January 12th 2007 Iberas Marshes
by Words: 309 Photos: 7
- October 20th 2006 Carpinchos and Caimans! We've found the Esteros del Ibera!
by Words: 1940 Photos: 10
- October 14th 2006 Carlos Pelligrini (3 of 3)
by Words: 701 Photos: 12
- September 23rd 2006 Reserva Provincial Ibera
by Words: 916 Photos: 12
- July 21st 2006 Camping in the Iberá Wetlands
by Words: 174 Photos: 16
- December 18th 2005 Into the wilderness
by Words: 593 Photos: 8
- December 5th 2005 camping with carpincho
by Words: 270 Photos: 10