Background: Niue's remoteness, as well as cultural and linguistic differences between its Polynesian inhabitants and those of the rest of the Cook Islands, have caused it to be separately administered. The population of the island continues to drop (from a peak of 5,200 in 1966 to about 2,150 in 2005), with substantial emigration to New Zealand, 2,400 km to the southwest.
Photos from Niue
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Niue
Latest Blogs from Niue
- December 31st 2011 the cabo loop!
by Words: 377 Photos: 0
- August 7th 2010 Niue Island, South Pacific
by Words: 941 Photos: 0
- September 24th 2009 NIUE: Part 2 Scuba Diving Photos
by Words: 29 Photos: 21
- September 17th 2009 Niue-Pacific Ocean (nr Tonga)
by Words: 595 Photos: 17
- May 31st 2009 Niue (pronounced new-way)
by Words: 1123 Photos: 13