Coral Bay & Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
June 25th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hello

oh dear, i feel bad because emma now doesn't know the 'tone' of this piece (blog!) as i used the word perfunctory in the last edition.....hhahah she thinks the blog is the only reason i came here and she's probably right!!! ok.

so we went to coral bay by the quickest journey ever, i don't think Keith drove at the legal speed limit once but as you only pass one car every hour it was immense. Arrived there fri eve, it was a beautiful apartment on top of the sea and headed out for tea. We discovered Emma's new favourite restaurant - Fin's Cafe which serves seafood as its speciality and it really was amazing.

Sat morn we headed straight over to the beach, slightly breezy and the locals did think we were mad in our bikinis but we all went out for a swim. The water was breathtaking, so clear!! Almost immediately saw stingrays, loads of tropical fish and the coral reef itself. Funniest moment of the holiday so far also occurred, we were stood up in the sea when these fish leapt out right next to our heads and soared back into the ocean in a pencil-dive manner... we found it hilarious. The day was taken up with the important task of basking in the sun but in the afternoon the tide went out and we could see HUGE fish right up close at the shore - we also saw a baby dolphin swimming around. Fin's cafe again for dinner, oh yes, dad spoilt us (and adopted emma that evening.)

Sunday we had the morning at the beach again but headed back to Carnarvon around lunchtime - slower this time as we had to conserve petrol! Our time with dad revolved around eating and we were taken out for dinner again, for a huge roast/seafood/every type of food buffet where we may have corrupted Carly by having 3 desserts (she was only allowed one and asked for more woops!)

Left at 3.30am Mon morn for the 13hour bus ride back to Perth, we did think this was going to be death on earth but it was surprisingly ok. Few mental bus riders that were also on the journey but plenty (too many) of stops and even films put on so great stuff. Went to woolies to stock up for the week (woolies is equivalent of tesco, not woolies as in stationery) called Ray, my godfather and then to hostel for sleep.

Met Ray in the morning who drove us over to Scarboro - an amazing beach just north of Perth - the waves were suitably big but it was a very fresh morning so we didn't know if we were going to swim. We all did though!! The surf was as good as I remember and Emma did brill also and then we got treated like proper members of the surf club and were allowed in for a hot shower woop woop! He then drove us over to Cottesloe (the other fantastic beach) for breakfast overlooking the shore. Afterwards (poor Emma) we had to do the family thing and I went and saw Corrie and Fiona, was so nice for me - although reminded me how lucky we have been to grow up as we have!! Headed to Morley Galleria quickly and then booked some trips for ourselves back in Perth.

Today - well today, we have been out at Rottnest. Ferry over this morning, rode THE WHOLE ISLAND OH YES (very sore asses now) then cruised back, had a nice glass of red wine at 'The lucky shag' overlooking the marina and are just loving life.

Will try put more photos on soon,
Love you all millions

Zo and Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



26th June 2008

just to say hello
hi em and zo hope all ok i have sent a couple of messages to you but i dont know if they are getting to you so this is just a test message ha ha let me know if you get this look after each other keep well dad
27th June 2008

Hello possums
Hiya you two, congratulations on your results, very well done. Keep up the hard work of having a great time down under. Many thanks to Zoes dad for ensuring Em got an opportunity to keep on top of her hobby of eating (sorry Em couldn't resist). Looking forward to hearing more about your travels and seeing your photos. Love to you both.

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.4kb