1st class lounge at qantas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Perth City
June 27th 2008
Published: June 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOO FROM THE 1ST CLASS LOUNGE IN PERTH

on the down side the flight is delayed due to a strike (by about 2 hours) on the upside we knew about this anyway cuz its all over the news AND we talked our way into 1st class lounge which equals unlimited free internet, free dinner - soup, cold meats, cheese, fruit salad, tea and biscuits, sky sports -WOOP WOOP!!! free stuff tastes so much better!!

not a lot to fill you all in on - it has been sooooo cold in perth (i know its winter but it really has been too cold) especially as we have pushed forth and insisted on wearing shorts and t shirts at all points.

Day after rottnest the weather completely went down hill, got up on thurs and headed into the city for a few errands then up to kings park. It is really high up overlooking perth and has fantastic views. It was just so cold and windy though we ended up admiring the views from behind the windows of the botanical cafe, lattes in hand, positioned directly under a heater. we couldn't even bring ourselves to do the treetop walk and instead went to the aboriginal art/craft etc gallery. In the afternoon we went back to the hostel, watched a dvd (the devil wears prada) and got ready for our hot date (with each other) on the perth 'city of lights' dinner cruise!!

We had a 3 course meal (with pianist apparently but no no, this was a laptop!) and unlimited wine which we took full advantage of! There was a big chinese family next to us whose grandma essentially slept on the shoulder of each different family member throughout the night, a couple behind us who were normal and then a mental couple in the corner of the ship who seemed to be wasted in spite of having one glass of wine. Later on in the night these two started having a full, loud row - much to our (and the couple behind us) delight (as we all eavesdropped eagerly completely lacking any subtlety), he wouldn't give her his phone, and she was RAGING and kept lunging, we thought she was going to headbut him (again which we would have loved) and in the end, luckily for her the boat was coming into dock..so she could dramatically flounce off (and then hide round the corner and wait for him to leave the boat too!) sorry have wasted a lot of time describing this couple but it was hilarious and did bring us almost as much joy as the 'wicked gateaux' we had as dessert.

Got home to the hostel and inspite of having quite a lot of wine and being stuffed to the brim with food, the japanese girl beneath me managed to snore me and emma awake ( which she has done for the past 3 nights) and then someone else furiously packed all night long - which mysteriously made no difference to the bombshell dorm we stayed in (all girls as well - who'd have thought they could be so messy!!) So it was no wonder we couldn't sleep in past 8am despite our best efforts.

this morn we headed over to 'Freo' - freemantle and experienced the most torrential rain, it almost flooded freemantle markets which are indoor!! Again we headed for a coffee shop and saw it out, then just explored the beautiful town - saw the marina and the famous prison before having the best ice cream in the world!! you can pick your own 'mixes' which are everything from fruit to cookie dough to mars bars... lord it was a tough choice. Found out our flight was delayed this avo so had our nails done (it was only a fiver so why not!) then had dinner and headed here - had we known we would have got into the 1st class lounge i think we would have come straight here this morning!!

Onto Cairns now and our hostel by the lagoon where we are being picked up from the airport (wooo hoo) and hopefully being carted into some sunshine!! Off to rainforest in a few days but will be on here before then... and unfort no option to upload pics so will try again in cairns.

love and more love and loads of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb