so i finally left melbourne......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Grampians
March 21st 2006
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

....only to come back, well it was only a weekend away after all. yeah so that was exciting stuff me and my pal caleb went up to the grampians for those not in the know its a national park in victoria about 270km north west full of mountains, hills, wildlife and people who say fair dinkum. ok so what do you want to know? well the grampians recently had a bit of a fire problem that being that half the place was on fire, but it had a very strange beauty to it a little bit mad max if you know what i mean, anyway we stayed at a place called 'tim's place' so anyone going to halls gap should stay there as tim is the man who says fair dinkum and i'm not promising anything but i bet you could coax a ripper and bonza out of him if you tried, yeah very nice place comfy bed and like all good remote hostels there should always be the resident mentalist and theirs came in the form of a woman called dot, she was lovely really but only slightly barking mad. apart from her telling me that she just saw a ufo and that if i look to the sky i'd probably see one too, fair play,but she then skuttled off to inform nasa apparently. anyway she was lovely though and after to bottles of coopers red i found her most entertaining.

right so on saturday we went off to see the sights and hike the hikes, enroute seeing as many wild creatures as you can imagine all the time i'm wondering what they'd taste like. so we go on our first hike what seemed like 3km of pure up hill because mainly it was, it was all golden until say the last fifity meters when we had to climb up a little bit walk along a rather thin ledge climb somemore then simply enjoy. it was all good the best bit had to be running down hill all the while thinking that i'm going to trip and loose my beautiful teeth, the gold ones, but i didn't so i'm still an ugly bastard with two gold teeth.

alright i'm getting bored with the monologue in my head so i'm guessing you are too? but one more last thing how dumb are wallabys? oh shit i saw an okura i don't know how to spell it i'm sure big c will but there small covered in spikes and roll into balls.

alright take it easy.

Advertisement



23rd March 2006

cabin
hey lee, did you get any pictures of the cabin exchange? i would love to see them on your blog, they have been rubish about keeping in touch, too busy making art
31st March 2006

Lee: It's called an echidna. For those who have never heard of them, they're actually quite weird. They're monotremes (just like the platypus), which means they're egg laying mammals. Strange. They appear on the (tails side of the) five cent piece here.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb