wowee zowee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

alright from the get go this is going to be a quick one as only a couple of things of interest have really happened since i last updated you all,

ok so last sunday i was at the next wave festival at the old docklands where they had a container village made up of artists from around the commonwealth all showing work which answered the brief given, which i've forgotten, anyway a guy i know a friend of jakes was there with the cabin exchange, (jakes a member of the group but only half could make it) ok so your all asking whats the cabin exchange well back in 2002 i believe jake will correct if wrong, a number of shipping containers where put around the city of glasgow for local artist to use a artspaces, galleries or workshops and this has been going on for a couple of years now, i've taken a sauna in one, so yeah the guys where over doing there thing which was to bring together people to pull a shipping container, which was harder than it sounded but it was done and it was cool as you had all these people who didn't know each other pulling together for the common good which in a way is what the common wealth is all about right? so that was cool. I've put a photo or two up not of the actual pull as i was either documenting for the crew or pulling.

oh yeah on the same day we all went to see a performance by the sitcase royal, its hard to explain exactly what they did without this being about twenty pages long but it encompassed theatre, comedy, music and just pure creativity, i guess i could have just said performance but i wanted some oomf! yeah they where cool.

so for the second interesting thing, i went to see brokeback mountain last night and no i'm not going to write how shocked i was at the bumming scene because well it wasn't that shocking sure if your A) a vicar, B) a vicars wife C) a complete homophobe or D) a fucking idiot then sure you may have fallen off your seat but then why would they be there? but if anyone ever here's of a vicar going to see it that doesn't know the plot get me a seat next to him. it was a good film with only a few issues that being for half the time i couldn't understand what heath ledger was saying, not because he had a cock in his mouth just that he mumbled more than me, and lets face it i'm a bit of a mumbler. It was like he was chewing on cotton wool so some of the key points took a bit of discussion between charlotte and I. so here's the funny bit, well for me anyway, so thety have an intermission at this cinema so i tootle off to the toilets and comeback with a brown substance on my jeans and finger much to charlottes amusmentbut it was all pretty funny at the time.

anyway guys take it easy.

Advertisement



2nd April 2006

The cabin exchange website.
forgot to add this in the message. www.cabinexchange.com
3rd April 2006

correct in every detailail. thanks for the pictures.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb