a simple hello.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 12th 2006
Published: March 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

alright so i guess i should fill in the blanks between the last blog and the present, well maybe there's a little bit to tell maybe there's not i'll let you be the judge of all that. so lets see i went to see a band the other week the broken social scene from canada and they where amazing at one point there was maybe 11-12 people on stage, 4-5 guitars two full drum kits (both being played) three piece brass section, organ and two vocals amazing, its been a little while since i walked away from a gig just in awe, well since the last gig well the gig before last ray lamontague the last gig was bonnie prince billy who was good as always but i've seen him better, so much for my idea that australia was going to be some cultural waste ground i've seen most of my favorite bands with relative ease and a t a fair price to boot, and to top it off at venues that are almost none existent back home anymore. oh and on thursday i'm off to see lou barlow of dinosaur jnr, sebadoh, folk implosion fame good time to be out and about in melbourne.

speaking about being out of melbourne thats going to be me next month i figure i've been in melbourne long enough by the time i come to leave it would have been six and a bit months and to be honest thats plenty and i'll come back anyway, so where am i going...... well thanks to some advice from a friend perth, i was going to go up to cairns and work my way down but it was pointed out to me that all the younger back packing crowd would probably annoy the shit out of me, seeing as i'm old and too cynical, thanks charlotte. so yeah i'm going to get the train overland to perth which takles two and a half days which will in some respects be pennece for me being so lazy and not moving any further than a tram ride away for a while. we'll see i'll have some real bitching to do after that trip but i know it'll be one of them things that i'll look back on and go 'you know that really wasn't worth it!'

what else? hmmm i'm an uncle again, its true my brother has managed to pull out another sprog named kiefer, after my dad which is sweet so everyone give a little cheer next time they have a beer for my brother for another great thirty seconds of passion! (30 seconds being an edwards record for passion, fore play not included) there must be more shit i can bore you guys with? i can't think of anything so attached is a picture of my house mate and myself sitting on our roof appreciating the sunset.

yeah so there you go, to the boys back home, you know who you are otherwise get checked out, i'm thinking of prague for my birthday in september, thats the 14th. and i think if you guys can come over that would be sweet i've spent the past 4 or 5 birthdays abroad so i want to keep the tradition alive, let me know.

take it easy guys.


Advertisement



12th March 2006

when you levein'
the cabin crew should be in melborne soon if not now. the next wave event starts on the 15th till the 26th, it would be good if you meet up with them if only to say you did. wills there and 2 other people you haven meet but will soon will love upon meeting. they have your phone number and email address. im up for praurge

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb