The Whitsunday Islands


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Whitsundays
October 21st 2011
Published: October 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 38, 19/10/11
Woke up and had to check out by 11am. It was raining so we went to check to see if our boat was still running and yes it was - we were in luck. We headed for the boat at 1:30 for a 2pm departure and as soon as we left the harbour we were off sailing. The boat was tilting massivly to the right and we all got soaked but the experience was brilliant. In the afternoon we went snorkelling and saw a few fish and we then spent the night in the middle of a small cove just casually floating in the middle of the waters.

Day 39, 20/10/11
Up at 6am after a very rocky, noisy and interupted night but it was all part of the experience. We had breakfast and then went sailing again. Today I got a go and driving the boat which was brilliant but very hard and the water is so strong against the rudder. The water got extremely choppy and the 'Skipper' took over and we had an amazing sail as the winds were really strong. We stopped off for some snorkelling but I didn't get in and then we headed to White Haven beach which is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. It was a shame it was still a dull day but it still was an amazing sight to see. We again dropped the anchor and spent the night in a small cove casually rocking away with the waves. We met some really nice people on the boat too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb