Scooteroo & Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » 1770
October 19th 2011
Published: October 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 36, 17/10/11
Had free breakfast at hostel, bowl of cornflakes and some toast and then went to book Scooteroo. Used a bit of the free internet and hanged around a bit until 2:15 came which meant it was time for Scooteroo. Scooteroo was fantastic, you get a bikers jacket, a cool helmet and a cheap kiddies tattoo and then your off on a Harley Davidson style motorbike around the roads of Australia through Agnes Water and 1770 hitting speeds of about 80km/h (50mph). This was my first experience driving on Australian roads and it was brilliant. We got back at 6:30pm in time for my microwavable roast dinner, which wasn't as good as an English one but never mind. We then headed for the Greyhound which left at 9:10pm and was a 10 hour overnight bus journey to Airlie Beach.

Day 37, 18/10/11
We arrived at Airlie Beach at 7am after the long ride, although we didn't get much sleep we did save on a nights accomodation which was good. This hostel also provided free breakfast so I took full advantage of that and then, because we couldn't check in until 2pm, I took a strole about an hour down the road in search for the department store to buy a new camera since mine broke on Fraser Island due to sand damage. I succeeded in getting a cheap one and took the strole back via the supermarket to buy lunch. Got back to Base (the hostel) and had jam sandwhiches before checking in. Had a shower and then checked in for our Whitsunday Boat for tomorrows trip. I messed around with my new camera for most of the afternoon and we all went to the bar next door for dinner as we had a discount voucher. Early night as we were all shattered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb