Mission Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
April 16th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! We arrived in Mission Beach on April 13th and are leaving here tomorrow, April 17th. We haven't done too much while we've been here since there really isn't much to do. The hostel we're staying at is a 20 minute drive from the town itself and is in the middle of a rain forest. It's pretty cool because it looks like a tree house and it has a nice pool but it can be pretty boring since there's no TV and nothing to do other than lay by the pool (when it's not raining) and read. I guess the wildlife does provide a bit of entertainment though in a disgusting kind of way - there are millions of bugs in our hostel and they're all humongous. We've seen giant grasshoppers (at least as big as our fingers), giant beetles (as big as a golf ball), and giant moths. And there are tons of geckos which seem to like hiding in Carole's bed underneath the covers. We did catch the free shuttle bus from our hostel into the town today and we've explored the few shops that they have and walked down to the beach. Unfortunately, we couldn't go for a swim because of the dangerous jellyfish that live in the ocean in northern Australia but I guess it's ok because it's a rainy day anyways. We will be happy to leave here tomorrow and go to Cairns, our last stop in Australia before we head home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb