Last stop: Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Cairns on April 17th and we're leaving here on the 25th to start our long journey back to Canada. We've both had an amazing time on this trip and have seen many wonderful things but we're really looking forward to coming home and getting back into the swing of things. Cairns is a pretty neat place - it's not too big and it's not too small (population 140,000) and the weather is amazing. We've been spending a lot of time at the lagoon (a free outdoor salt water swimming pool) and soaking in all the sunshine we can get before we get home. We went to the small town of Kuranda which is just north of Cairns by a scenic train and then came back on a gondola. The town was pretty neat and had a few little markets for us to walk around and look at. In the last couple of days here in Cairns, we're planning on going on a one day cruise out to the barrier reef to get one last look at it and to go out for a nice supper to try out some of their seafood in order to say a proper good bye to the land down under. Oh, we'll also be happy to finally be rid of bed bugs once we leave here (our room was full of them and after we killed one and took it to reception they moved us into another room that stinks like poo) - we will definitely not miss those things. Anyways, that's pretty much it for now. See everyone soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Barron FallsThe Barron Falls
The Barron Falls

We stopped here on the way to Kuranda
View from skyrailView from skyrail
View from skyrail

Green Island in the distance


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb