Townsville and Magnetic Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
April 16th 2009
Published: April 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Townsville late afternoon on April 11th to a hostel that seemed to have their kitchen in the garage. It was a bit odd, and made for a lot more ants than we normally have to deal with. On the 12th (Easter Sunday) we went to a market in the morning and got some jewellery, then caught the ferry to Magnetic Island for the afternoon. It was a very nice island, with lots of rainforest and secluded bays. Apparently there were a lot of shipwrecks around the coast of the island too, but you could only see them on dives because they were underwater. We had lunch at the most popular beach, Horseshoe Bay, and then after a slight mishap with the bus we went on the Forts walk. It was quite steep, but the views were really nice and we walked by a bunch of old gun placements and lookouts. Didn't see any koalas though. As soon as we got back to the bus stop we got soaked by a 2 minute rainstorm, which made us both very happy. We made it back to the ferry terminal and then back to Townsville around supper time and made a delicious Easter supper of Kraft Dinner and veggies. Just like Easter at home... Except they have hardly any Easter candy here, as we were disappointed to learn. We left the next day at 11:30 for Mission Beach and more adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

At the top of the fortAt the top of the fort
At the top of the fort

King of the castle
Lindsay's not impressedLindsay's not impressed
Lindsay's not impressed

This was after the downpour
Easter DinnerEaster Dinner
Easter Dinner

It's all about the presentation


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb