Cairns to mission beach 3/11


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
November 4th 2008
Published: November 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We finished our time in cairns trying out some of the night life and having a traditional lazy english holiday.

After boarding the oz experience bus, we headed down the east coast towards mission beach. On the way we made a brief (second time for us but still fun) stop at the babinda boulders and then headed to Johnstone river croc farm in Inisfael. The croc farm was really good we both got to hold a bearded dragon, a python, and a baby croc (which i felt very guilty about eating croc pie infront of). I also held a dingo puppy, had a cuddle with an adult dingo and some sort of parrot. We also got to feed kangaroos and watch some of the crocs being fed.

Mission beach is a very quiet place but great for chilling out and soaking up some sun.

At night the hostel put a bbq on, which most people joined in including some people we met on the ozexperience bus which was really good. It is quite social here and our hostel is right next to the beach which is handy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



6th November 2008

Bloody hell, you've done so much since last time I checked your blog! I not had chance to read much because had to finnish my thesis which is handed in now! Dave you don't look too confident with that python arround your neck. The dingo looks a bit boring in comparison to all the cool animals you got to see, it just looks like a dog... When you say croc pie, you mean a pie made from crocodile meat? cos thats pretty damn cool.
9th November 2008

croc pie
yup pie made from crocodile, it tasted like chicken

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb