Mermaid Beach/ Surfer's Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
March 20th 2009
Published: March 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The timeshareThe timeshareThe timeshare

Notice how clean and well equipped the kitchen is...something we're not used to. Another bonus was that we didn't have to rent our dishes like in other places.
Hello everyone! From Byron Bay we came to Surfer's Paradise (March 14), but we're actually staying in Mermaid Beach which are both part of the Gold Coast. We're really enjoying staying in a room of our own in a resort with our own bathroom, kitchen, balcony and tv. There are also several pools but we tend to stick to the adults-only pool. So far this week we've done some shopping at an outlet mall, a lot of hanging around in our room or by the pool, and some walking around Surfer's Paradise. On Wednesday we went to Wet'n'Wild Water World and did some watersliding which was pretty fun. Most of the slides had tubes which cut down on the scrapes you get from going over the joins in the waterslide, although there was one slide where we kind of got our tube stuck... just for a moment though it was fine... There was also a waterslide that had a 70 degree incline and there was a ride that was more of an amusement park ride than a waterslide. It was almost as fun listening to some of the people screaming on the rides as it was going on them ourselves. Today looks like another really nice day, so we're going to try and enjoy our last day in the resort as much as we can. Tomorrow (March 21st) we leave for Brisbane.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Surfers ParadiseSurfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise

I have no idea who that couple is but it's a nice picture of them
Surfer's ParadiseSurfer's Paradise
Surfer's Paradise

Highrises next to the beach...it's how I imagine Miami would be
CaroleCarole
Carole

About to eat something


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb