Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
March 16th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We were only in Byron Bay for three nights (from March 11-14) but had a really great time there. The weather was nice most of the time we were there so we got some quality beach time in. The beach was really nice which generally seems to be the case everywhere we go as long as it's not raining. We didn't do much else other than go to the beach since we weren't there long. We did go out to the bar once though, to Cheeky Monkey's, with a group of people we met at the hostel. It turns out that one of the girls that we met in New Zealand was staying at the same hostel as us so we went out with her. It was pretty neat to run into someone we met while we were travelling in New Zealand but I guess that's how it works when everyone's doing similar trips. We also decided that we would take a walk up the lighthouse at sunset to get some really nice pictures (which we did) and to say that we went to the most easterly point of Australia. Our walk there was really nice and we saw a lot of beautiful scenery while our walk back was not as beautiful because we were walking back to the hostel in the dark (since the sun had set) and we didn't have a flashlight. We did eventually start using our cameras to light the path so we could at least see a few feet ahead of us. All in all, it was worth the trip.

We really liked Byron Bay because it was small and had a really nice beach. It was a shame we could only stay there for three nights but we had to move to get to Mermaid Beach (near Surfer's Paradise) to stay at the timeshare Lindsay's parents arranged for us. There will be more on that later once we find the time to catch up on our blogs. Until next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Us at sunsetUs at sunset
Us at sunset

It's one of those pictures that we took of ourselves...not bad.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb