Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
November 5th 2011
Published: November 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 54, 04/11/11
Today was just a day spent around Cairns doing not a lot really. I chose not to accept the free accommodation job in the hostel as it was smack bang in the middle of the day, no days off and 3 hours work for only a $20 room and breakfast. I didn't feel it was worth it as I wouldn't have any time to see the sights and have days out etc.
We moved Hostels this morning because the one we were staying in wasn't great, this one is a lot nicer. We then headed into town just for something to do then my phone rang and it was Lisa who told me she knew where I could get a really cheap push bike which would be fantastic for getting around the city. She picked me up in her lunch hour and we went to a dump. You can basically buy a bike for $5 as it has been thrown out by someone. We found one but the back brake was broken so we didn't get it. She then took me to an op shop (a charity shop) and she bought me one for $20. The tyre needed pumping and fixing so she will do that for me over the weekend and I will get it on Monday - She's so lovely!
In the afternoon Stuart and I had a walk along the harbour and saw all the luxurious house boats. We then took a walk back to hostel stopping of at Coles for dinner ingredients. We went back to the hostel and cooked dinner before heading back into town along the Esplanade as I have heard that they sometimes have entertainment on, live bands normally. There was no entertainment so we ended up in the Casino in the hotel next door to the Lagoon.
Now I shouldn't of bet because of my money situation, but the addiction got the better of me and I did on the money wheel, luckily I won $10. We were wandering around the Casino for a while and stopped at the Roulette table where there was an American guy and two American girls. We got talking to them and the guy gave me one of his chips which I bet and won, he split the winnings of that chip with me making me $10 up for doing nothing. I really wanted to keep them and exchange them for cash but I felt I should play on since he gave me the chip - so I put them all back on and lost. But then he bought me a beer - Strange guy but he was nice enough and it was a good night. Got back to hostel about 1am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb