Cairns 21and22/10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Had to go shopping in the morning so I could buy some swimming shorts and finally get around to doing what everyone does in australia. After getting some new swimming shorts and booking some tours to cape tribulation and the tablelands we headed back to the hostel.

We then decided to walk along the promanade to the free pool that is nicer than the hostel pool, with less people looking at my embarressing attempts at swimming. It was dark when we got to the pool (we saw lots of bats on the way) so we got to enjoy a night time swim where hardly anyone can see me nearly drown, (apart from hopefully the lifeguard).

The day after we went on a walk around a bit of forest near us that is supposed to be inhabited by Cassowaries not that we managed to spot any of them. This was a short but fun walk with a cool lookout point where you can see the airport.

Later we went out for a meal at the woolshed (popular place where people go to get drink later in the evening) with a voucher that allowed us to get a main meal, a dessert and a drink all for 10 dollars, the main meal alone is supposed to be 12 dollars.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb