23/10 Cape tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
October 24th 2008
Published: October 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Early start today as we had to meet our bus at 7:15. After picking up the rest of our tour group we headed towards Mossman gorge. You can choose to swim or walk but as the water was cold and we were getting back on the bus we decided to walk around (we saw the biggest lizard that we have seen in australia yet).

Next stop was Daintree Wildlife Sanctuary. This was cool as there lots of animals to see, the best were a blind joey which was very tame and was happy to be cuddled and petted, and the crocs (although we still hope to see one in the wild). It was really funny as one of the lads in our group was trying to get the croc to move by waggling a stick in the water and using it to splash the crocodile, but another croc came from under the water and made him scream. This was really funny and we got a great action shot.

After looking at the gorgeous view of the daintree river from alexandra range lookout, we took a guided tour along the marrdja boardwalk and were then dropped off at cape tribulation beach for a picnic, which was really nice. Afterwards we were taken to try ice cream made from fruits of the forest.

In the afternoon we were taken on a wildlife cruise down daintree river. This lasted much longer than we expected which was great and we saw two snakes in the trees.

After this we went for a drive around port douglas and saw the view from rex lookout before heading back to cairns.

A long day but really good and our guide was great-we learnt a lot about aboriginal history, culture and myths. Was really fun.

As we were late back for our free meal at the hostel, we went to the food courts at the night markets where you buy the size of plate you want and fill it at the buffet type thing. It was good as you can try new foods and it was cheap.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb