airlie beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
October 13th 2009
Published: October 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we are now in airlie beach which is somewhere between brisbane and cairns. We checked into our hostel and cooked up a steak for our first night, had a few drinks and watched the simpson movie! Had a little wonder round the next day to see what there is to do round here, and theres nothing! Theres a nice lagoon instead of a beach so we chilled out there for the day.
Day after we were off on a boat trip, had a few things to sort out online first, steve got chatting to a lad we used to work with in the RAF on facebook. We knew he was in oz somewhere, turns out he was in the same place as us and due to get on the same boat, crazy!! Anyway met up with him and his mates and set sail for the beaches. Sailed for couple of hours then the ancor went down for the night in the middle of no where. Saw dolphins having a swim round the boat which was cool. Steve got sea sick and didnt sleep for the night. Next day was a nice early 7am wake up call by the big guy on the boat then headed for the whitsunday beach. This place was gorgeous, the sand is aparently used with somthing to do with nasa or space or something because of how pure it is and you can use it to rub on your teeth which makes them whiter. Stayed there for a few hours then went off sailing again. Saw a few turtles swimming about the boat. Stopped somwhere that wasnt that impressive to do some snorkelling for a couple of hours then headed off to put the ancor down for the night in the middle of god knows where again! Next morning headed to another beach for some more snorkelling and sunbathing for a few hours then headed back to land. All in all a bloody good three days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb